Welcome to Avatar Rants. Is some aspect of Avatar fandom bothering you? Some plot hole or inconsistant characterization in the show got your goat? Just had the worst fanfiction experience of your life? This is the place to get it off your chest! Feel free to come out swinging with a big ol' rant, but remember the rules:
1. Character bashing will not be tolerated. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion about any character, and it need not be positive. This is, however, distinct from bashing the character. If you have a legitimate complaint about the way a character is written, you may of course feel free to air it, but this is not the place for verbally assaulting the characters. The line can be a little subtle, but I think everyone knows what the difference is.
Character bashing will be met with macros and mod tags. Repeat infractions could get you banned.
A good rule of thumb is that if you're calling a female character a 'whore', 'cunt', or anything like that, you've probably stepped over that line.
2. Do not delete. Anything. Do not delete your posts, comments, or anything else. Edit to your hearts content, but if you fail, that failure needs to be there for posterity. If you frequently ignore this rule, it could very well get you banned.
3. Play nice, kiddies. I know this sounds weird coming from me of all people, but don't go running around flaming people. It you go tossing around personal insults willy-nilly at everyone who disagrees with you, your ass will be out the door.
This of course leads us into the next rule...
4. Don't expect the world to be made of rainbows and unicorn giggles. People who post in a rant community tend to be angry individuals, and are also very frequently snarky as well. Snarky is not the same thing as flaming, and questioning your intelligence when you're in the process of saying something incredibly stupid is not really a personal attack.
5. Don't link to anyone's personal journals. Public community posts are fair game, but if the failure is in somebody else's personal journal, don't name names or provide links. This community is for expressing our rage, not provoking raids.
6. The internet is for porn, but my flist is not. All NSFW content goes behind a cut. No exceptions. If you're not sure whether to cut or not, err on the side of caution and cut it.
7. Don't be afraid to ask for an adult. If you have a question, a difficulty, or a problem with another member of the comm, feel free to give me a shout at peter [at] spatula [dot] ca. I'd only be too happy to address your concerns.
8. Do the impossible, see the invisible. ROW ROW, FIGHT THE POWER. As members of the Dai-Avatar Rants Brigade, we'll surpass the impossible, and kick reason to the curb. Our scathing wit shall be our sword, and our rage shall be our shield. Together we will burn a path to a new, brighter tomorrow! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!